Ky BOM Peek

Ky BOM Peek

Only email from the MTC....



June 10, 2014

Blue Steel at the map.
So this week has been the craziest roller coaster I have ever been on. Yet at the same time I have never felt so calm. Right after I turned and walked away from my family at the curb of the MTC I felt the Spirit flow over me and it hasn't left since then.

So on the first day I was rather concerned because when I got to where my district was guess whose comp didn't show up? MINE! but its all good because he is here now. The reason he was late was because when I was reporting to the MTC he was being handed his diploma.


Add caption
My district is so much fun! We are the only district I have seen that is all Elders. There are seven of us total. Elders Schnell, Ngavtuvai (pronounced Not-to-Vi), Birch (one of my roommates), Clark (Elder Birch's Comp), Cayas, And Speakman (my Comp). My comp is an Idaho boy, who is quiet and shy. I don't really know what else to say about him. At first we were all really quiet and shy (expect for elder Ngatuvai, he is a Poly and he is always loud and fun), but now we are all warming up and the personalities are starting to show. We are the best district! My zone has only three districts. One of the other districts leaves tomorrow for Toronto, and in their place we get two new districts. One of the Elders in the district that is leaving is Elder Maurer (More-A), he is a riot every time he walks in the room you can expect to laugh. He has the sickest accent because he is from New Zealand. We all play volleyball during our gym time when he is doing really well, we call him Elder Mordor, cause he is ON FIRE!!!! The third district we have is only six people. There are four sisters and two elders. The two elders in that district are going with us to Hawaii, Elder Smith and Elder Caldwell! There are two sisters that I never ever see except for the meals, I don't even know their names. But the other two sisters are that district are Sisters Weaver and Howes. Sister Howes is pretty much insane...funny insane!

I am learning so much here, it is crazy. I can't even begin to explain, but I will tell you about the TRC (Teaching Resource Center). I is basically a building where they have a bunch of real investigators in mock living rooms, and we go in and teach them. I taught my first one YESTERDAY, but this isn't even the first lesson I taught! I taught my first one on Friday morning, but it was to one of my teachers who was portraying someone they actually taught on their mission.


There are rumors flying around that a General Authority is coming to talk to us tonight...We shall see.

So we leave next Monday for Hawaii. So that is exciting, but we only get 12 days of training.

Sorry to the Blazers, I won't be able to write you a mass email today.

From Elder K. Reinhold




Cafeteria...



P-day (preparatation day)...
Laundry, emails, volleyball...


Hanging out... 






















Selfies...




Group selfie...

And of course, a temple, Blue Steel selfie...


Trip to the temple...


























Happy bunch...





Photo bombed!



































If I am guessing right, I think instead of stopping to smell the roses, he is stopping to smell the trees...



Missionaries ride Frontrunner to the airport now.  These pictures don't look significant, but they are taken as he is driving past Draper.  This will be the last time he sees this place until 2016.


There is Draper and the Draper Temple.

Kyler pretty grew up behind that electrical pole on the other side of the bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment